How long has Vietnam been on your bucket list?
Join us and our colleague, Marcia Miller of You Go Tastefully, for this very special, small group
Vietnam is one of our favorite countries. It mesmerized us by its delightful mix of ancient history and modern
bustling cities. Add to that haunting beauty, exotic flavors, and natural wonders. And you can
see why we were yearning to return from the moment we left! And now we get to go back – with you, our Wild
Spirit Travelers tribe.
Vietnam is the perfect location for the first Wild Spirit Travelers trip! Organized by Marcia
Miller of You Go Tastefully, this tour is an easy way to see this exotic country. We will go from Hanoi to
Saigon, stopping at our favorite sites in-between. Enjoy with us magical Halong Bay, Hue, HoiAn, and the Mekong
We enjoy authentic travel. As such, on this tour, we will interact with locals and see how they live. From
shopping at floating markets to dinner in the home of the former royal family. This trip takes travel
from the ordinary to extraordinary. Don’t worry, there will also be time to relax (Dan loves foot
massages and plans to get several during the trip). Plus, you will have free time which will let you find
your own magical moments.
We will have local guides in each location. Plus, you will be traveling with us. Expect some special
surprise activities – only for Wild Spirit Travelers!
- Hanoi Street Food Walk
- Cyclo Ride through Old Quarter of Hanoi (cycle rickshaw)
- Traditional Water Puppet Show
- Halong Bay Cruise with Kayaking and Tai Chi Demonstration
- Perfume River Cruise
- Dinner in Home of Former Royal Family
- Walking Tour in Hoi An (Shyla’s favorite town in Vietnam!)
- Hands-on Cooking Class (veg menu available)
- City Tour of Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Mekong River Cruise – 2 nights
- Opportunity to Get Clothes Made
- Numerous Temples, Museums, and Monuments all with Local Guides
- Visits to Floating & Regular Markets
- Special Wild Spirit Traveler Surprise Activities!!
- Plus, Free Time to Discover Your Own Magical Moments
Put down the $500 deposit by June 20th, to get three Exciting and Exclusive Wild Spirit Travelers Bonuses
- Exclusive invitation to a special meet & greet with Dan and Shyla in Vietnam, including local snacks and a delightful beverage.
- Enrollment in our private Vietnam Tour Facebook Group. There we will share Vietnam travel tips, including tools for finding the best rates on airfare.
- Free Wild Spirit Travel video course – SE Asia for Travelers: Essential Tips and Tools.
- In Hanoi, we will take a cyclo ride, attend a water puppet show, go on a street
food walk, and visit the Hanoi Hilton, Temple of Literature, and Ethnology Museum.
- While on the deluxe junk-boat cruise in Halong Bay, we will see floating villages, tour a cave, have
a Tai Chi demonstration, and go kayaking. Plus, on the drive, we will visit a pearl farm and local artist shop.
- In Hue, we visit a charming village, cruise along the Perfume River stopping at the former Imperial
Citadel, and dine with a former royal family in their home.
- Our time in HoiAn includes a walking tour, hands-on cooking class, plus a free day great for getting
custom clothing, foot massage, or lounging on the beach.
- In Ho Chi Minh City (aka Saigon) our city tour takes us to many historic sites. We will also tour
the Reunification Palace and enjoy an authentic Vietnamese coffee.
- A two-night Cruise along the Mekong river gives photo opportunities galore as we view fantastic
scenery and daily life on the river! Plus, we will visit rice fields, a floating market, and local
village. Optional canal bike ride too.
- 4-star Accommodations
- Daily Breakfast
- 9 Lunches
- 5 Dinners
- Private Air-conditioned Vehicles
- Two Flights within Vietnam
- Local English Speaking Guides in Each Location
- Bottled Water on Excursions
- International Airfare
- Visa Fees (Vietnam $25, Cambodia $30, Laos $35) each requires a passport photo
- Personal Expenses
- Recommended travel insurance to protect you and your investment
We chose Marcia Miller from You Go Tastefully! to manage and operate this tour. This is a co-ed tour, men
and women are welcome.
CAMBODIA Add-on Option
– January 20-23 $824
Explore Angkor Wat, the UNESCO Heritage Site and the world’s largest religious monument. While the endless temples are fascinating, the people also have unique stories to tell. A visit to the Cambodian circus is a
remarkable experience. No animals, just extraordinary performers telling a story.
LAOS Add-on Option
- Siem Reap – Angkor Wat, temples, Cambodian circus
- Memoire d’Angkor – Siem Reap
- 2 lunches
- Includes air from Saigon to Siem Reap
– January 23-26 $924
Monks asking for alms, beautiful textiles, and a stunning set of waterfalls are highlights of this wonderful
country. Its gentle people have had more bombs per person dropped on it than any other place on earth. Being
resourceful, they now make art out of bomb fragments. The landscape is beautiful and there is much to learn. You
can even laugh your way through a fish pedicure!
- Luang Prabang – monks, waterfalls, markets
- 2 lunches
- Includes air from Siem Reap to Luang Prabang
Itinerary subject to change without notice. No refund for unused services.
Credit cards incur a 3.5% fee. The $500 deposit holds your space and becomes nonrefundable July 1, 2018.
Final payment due October 1, 2018. You must be physically able to walk on uneven surfaces, ascend and
descend stairs without a railing and embark and disembark boats and buses to participate in this trip.
Maximum 20 guests.
Tour starts in Hanoi and ends in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon). For those doing the add-on trip to Cambodia, air fare from Saigon to Siem Reap is included. That option ends in Siem Reap (Cambodia). If you continue on to Laos, airfare from Siem Reap to Luang Prabang is included and the tour ends in Luang Prabang (Laos).
Looking for a roommate? Let us know – there is the opportunity to meet others though the meetup group. And/or roommate match is available. Contact Marcia Miller regarding pricing for a private single room.